Dr. Laughlin's research and publications are on Academia, ORCiD, and Research Gate.
I. Book – In Preparation
- Laughlin, Vivian A. 2024. The Appropriation of the Ancient Egyptian Isis and the Hellenistic-Egyptian Serapis.
- Laughlin, Vivian A. 2019. The Appropriation of the Hellenistic-Egyptian Cult of Serapis: A Multi-Disciplinary Study Focusing on Augustus, Nero, Hadrian, Their Coinage, and Villas. Ph.D. Dissertation. Andrews University, Michigan. ProQuest (Embargoed).
III. Articles and Book Chapters
A. Peer Reviewed
- Laughlin, Vivian A. 2016. The Architectural Patronage and Political Prowess of Herod the Great. JAHA 3: 13-24.
- Laughlin, Vivian A. 2015. A Brief Overview of al Jinn within Islamic Cosmology and Religiosity. JAMS 11: 67-78.
- Laughlin, Vivian A. 2014. The Buddha and The Christ: Looking at Jesus through Buddhist Eyes. JAMS 10: 78-87.
B. In Press
- Laughlin, Vivian A. 2024. Hymnic Narrative of the Miraculous Deeds of Isis (aretalogy, IK Kyme-41). in Prayer in the Ancient World, ed. Eric Orlin. Leiden: Brill.
C. In Preparation
- Laughlin, Vivian A. 2025. Military Influences within Ancient Religions around the Mediterranean.
- Laughlin, Vivian A. 2024. Rituals: An Introduction of Rituals and its Theories of Praxis. in Routledge Handbook of the Ancient Near East and the Social Sciences, eds. Jason M. Silverman and Emanuel Pfoh. London: Routledge.
- Laughlin, Vivian A. 2024. The Story of Isis. in Horvat Midras Excavations, ed. Orit Peleg-Barkat.
- Laughlin, Vivian A. 2024. Interpretatio Graeca and Romana’s Role with the Pax Deorum in Ancient Mediterranean Societies. Why Should I Care? Studying the Ancient World in the 21st Century, eds. Megan Lewis and Joshua Bowen. Oxford: Archaeopress.
- Laughlin, Vivian A. 2023. Review of Continuity and Rupture in Roman Mediterranean Gaul: An Archaeology of Colonial Transformations at Ancient Lattara, by B. P. Luley. Rhea Classical Reviews.
- Bond, S. 2023. Why Archaeologists Are Fuming Over Netflix's Ancient Apocalypse Series. Hyperallergic.
- Bond, S. 2022. The Top Archaeological Discoveries of 2021. Hyperallergic.
- Zink, S., et. al. 2021. Auf dem Weg zur Rekonstruktion eines mittelrepublikanischen Tempels. Die Forschungen von 2020 am Largo Argentina in Rom. e-Forschungsberichte des Deutschen Archäologischen Instituts, 1: 1-7.
- Summer 2021. Scholar to Know, Pasts Imperfect.
- September 2019. 2019-2020 Fulbright Israel Postdoctoral Scholar List.
- September 30, 2019. Vivian Laughlin Receives Fulbright Award. Herald Palladium.
- September 25, 2019. Andrews University Graduate Wins Prestigious Fulbright Award. Spectrum.
- September 23, 2019. Recent Andrews University graduate wins Fulbright Award. ABC 57.
- June 2019. Graduate Research Spotlight. American Society of Overseas Research.
- May 10, 2019. Dissertation Spotlight: Understanding the Roman Appropriation of Ancient Egyptian Religion. Society of Classical Studies.
- July 31, 2017. American Scholar Examines Spread of Roman-Era Religious Cult. The Jordan Times.
- June 18, 2017. Vivian Laughlin, 2017-2018 Bikai Fellow. American Center of Research.
- April 19, 2017. FTE Announces Recipients of 2017 Fellowship for Doctoral Students.
- Fall 2014. San Miceli 2014. The Institute of Archaeology & Horn Museum Newsletter 354: 1.